Wednesday, April 03, 2019

Rope Bowl Finish

I don't remember when or why I started this rope bowl.  I don't know why it didn't get finished.  I DO know that it sat like this...


a tangled mess...in my Unfinished Projects bin for quite a while.  I knew that it wouldn't take much time to finish it, and it seems really silly that it sat for so long!   I put it on my First Quarter Finish Along list, hoping that would inspire me to get it out of the bin and into use!

And now, it's finished!




Rope Bowls that I've made in the past have been rather floppy, so I was careful to keep this one small and tightly wound.  I also zig zagged the heck out of it.  It used up lots of partial spools of white thread, which makes me happy!  And I have to say, it's pretty sturdy!



I'm not sure what this pretty little thing is destined for.  I don't really have a spot or a need for it.  Maybe it will be a "just because" gift for someone.  For now, it will sit here on a bookshelf where I can see it as I go upstairs.  It just makes me happy to look at it.

2 comments:

  1. I think it would look nice filled with a variety of small pincushions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh! You might be right! That's a great idea, Gretchen! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete