Friday, August 12, 2016

Five Things To Be Happy About Friday

I almost skipped posting this week.  It's been a week of heat, humidity, crazy busy schedules, back to school preperations and an ant infestation in my house.  I just wasn't feeling the happy.

But, as Melva said in her Five Things post, "Even in the worst of weeks, there is always something to be thankful for."   She is right, of course. There's so much to be grateful for, and happy about.  Even if it's just the fact that the ant thing only seems to happen once every few years!!

Here are some things that did bring me joy this week!


Our first ever batch of pickles!  What a process that was!  But it was fun, my girls got to see how it's done (and me too, for that matter!) And they are pretty tasty!


These pretty sunflowers!  A coworker gave me the seeds in a little basket at Easter.  I almost tossed them out, but my husband planted them in an old coffee container.  We've had such fun watching them bloom on the deck.  And there's been a beautiful butterfly hovering near them the last few days.  So pretty!



This weirdo.  She makes me smile...always. (She got a henna tattoo on her arm this week, at the library.  Just for fun!)




After a long day of running around and doing things for others, I was not looking forward to making dinner for my husband and youngest daughter.  When I asked what they wanted, my daughter (the weirdo above) said, "Let's just have a night where everybody makes what they want."  Best. Answer. Ever.  Cereal and berries for me!  Why not?

And now, if you need me,  I'll be in the sewing room for the rest of the night, working myself the rest of the way out of my funk!

I hope your week was wonderful, and your weekend even better!  Check out Amanda's post at Gypsy Moon Quilt Co. to see what's making her happy, and check out the comments for even more reasons to smile!  And, thanks, Melva, for the reminder!!






5 comments:

  1. You are so welcome! I love home canned pickles... I may have to pull out my recipe and get to the farmer's market in the morning. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a night where we don't really cook dinner. Dinner seven nights of the week is highly overrated! Go Frosted Mini Wheats!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post! I love pickles and those flowers. Breakfast for dinner is the best thing in the world. When I was growing up we would do those nights every now and then where we would each make our own dinner. When I asked mom what we were having for dinner she would say, "Skip".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving Melva's words of wisdom and seeing all your happy things! We use to make pickles growing up... actually we'd pickle all kinds of things! And I'm all about the make-what-you-want dinner nights. The kids love it (husband, not so much) and I don't have to cook. Works for me! Thanks for sharing your happy things, Tami! I hope you have a terrific weekend!

    BTW, Frosted Mini Wheats are my all time favorite! Yum! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your pickles look delish! And the sunflowers are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete