Thursday, February 14, 2019

Seasonal Decorations and Pretty Pictures

I've been enjoying doing a little something different! I have been making these cute little "postcards."  They each measure about 4 x 6 and fit perfectly on this little clip frame.  They will be a gift for  friend.  Eventually, I will make  her one for each season/holiday, or about 10 in all, I think.  She has a cute little area in her house that she changes out for every season, and I hope she will use this frame there!



We were shopping at a craft fair together before Christmas and both saw a clip frame with a winter tree :postcard" at the same time.   She debated between purchasing it or a different item.  When she went with the other one, I grabbed it for myself, but decided to make a similar one for her.  I found a clip frame, and set to work making something similar to the one I'd purchased.  Well, as I was making that one,  realized that I could make up new designs, too!

These little guys are done without a pattern, are mostly hand sewn and are all made from scraps and things I have on hand.  I've been just tinkering around trying new stitches, and making it up as I go along.  It is so fun!  I'd like to make myself a set, and probably should just start making 2 postcards at a time.  But, as soon as I finish one I start itching to start the next design. So, perhaps I am meant to just have the one I bought at the craft fair.

I also wanted to share these pretty pictures of the Happy Thoughts Quilt.  I blogged about the quilt last week, but finally got to go out in the fresh snow and take some pictures when we had our 5th snow day of the year earlier this week.  The snow was so pretty, the temperatures were not crazy cold and I had quilt holders at my disposal!  There is just something so beautiful about quilts in the snow,, don't you think?





I'm going to link this post up at:

Needle And Thread Thursday @ My Quilt Infatuation

2 comments:

  1. Snow can be a pain in so many ways, but it sure makes a beautiful and bright backdrop for quilts. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty quilt!! The colors are beautiful and the design is so modern and chic!

    ReplyDelete