Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Mini-Charm Garland: A Quick Finish

Sometimes, a quick finish is just what I need!  Especially when life gets hectic (wait, when ISN"T it??)  it feels really good to sit down, spend an hour, and get something done, start to finish.



See that cute little garland dressing up the top of my new pegboard?  That was a perfect one hour or less project.  And, for something so simple, I think it packs a pretty big punch.  It makes me happy every time I walk into the sewing room.  Well, pretty much everything in the room does, but the garland is at the top of the list!

I started with a mini-charm pack.  I had received three of these cute little stacks of fun in my Christmas package from my pen pal, Rose. One of them, Handmade from Bonnie and Camille, fit my sewing room colors, perfectly.  I chose fourteen charms that I loved, and laid them out, balancing for color and pattern.

Then, I folded over the top quarter inch of each one, pressing on the fold.



I chose some cute baker's twine (this came from Target's Christmas clearance.  It was a steal!) that coordinated nicely.



Then, I just zigzagged over the fold, making sure to catch the twine with the stitch.  I stitched right over the gaps between charm squares.  It's not noticeable at all!



I tied a quick loop on each end, and it was ready to go!  It was so quick and easy, that I made one for Rose, too!



These could work in several places, don't you think?  The mantel , the top of a book case, a window.  Sew many possibilities!


I am linking up at Sew Fresh Quilts for Let's Be Social,

I've also just discovered Tips and Tutorials Tuesday hosted by Quilting Jetgirl and Late Night Quilter!  What a great resource for new ideas!  Thanks, Yvonne, for suggesting that just link up!

3 comments:

  1. What a pretty and very quick little project for mini charms, this finishes off your peg board perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mini charm packs can be a challenge to figure out how to use, and this is a very cute and fun way to add a bit of decor and whimsy. Would you consider linking this up to Tips and Tutorials Tuesday so others can share in on this idea?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute! Great idea for mini charms. 😊

    ReplyDelete