Thursday, July 18, 2019

Finish Along Quarter 3 Goals

Oh man, LIFE is kicking me around right now.  It's been one thing after another for several months.  But, I am coming in under the wire to post this because finishing my unfinished projects is important to me.  And having a goal really helps.  And, its just fun to join in with other people who probably feel the same way!

I am limiting my list this quarter to the things from the last list that didn't get done. (In other words, the whole list, minus two items.)  Progress has been made on at least two of these since making the earlier list, so, there's a good chance those will be in the finished come October.  Ummm, I just did a mental run through of the next three months, and that chance might not be so good after all.  But, I gotta try!

Scrappy Stars



Quilting has begun on this!  I'm stuck in the "hate" phase of the love/hate relationship I always have while quilting a quilt.  All I'm seeing are mistakes and flaws and batting that is too puffy.  I know that the second the binding is on I'll love it again...but, oh I hope I get there quick!

Hello Fall Half Square Triangle Quilt



I made some progress last quarter.  I decided on a layout, organized the HST's that had been sewn and cut background fabric to make more.  I have visions of snuggling under this on the living room couch on the first chilly night this fall.  Fingers crossed!

Doll Sized Hospital Gowns



Haven't touched these.  They are destined for A Doll Like Me.  Our 4-H club will be sponsoring a doll or two next month and sending some tied fleece blankets that can be sent to siblings of children receiving dolls.hope I can finish these gowns and send them along at the same time. 

Cord Keepers



I know, I know.  I could finish these the next time I have a half hour to kill.  Sewing Velcro on is just so NOT exciting, though.  And I have NO purpose for them.  There's just no motivation to get them done.  And so they sit.  Maybe soon they will be done?

That's it.  That's all I'm even going to think about for this quarter.  I know there will be other projects that come up including two or three more fabric post cards.  And there will be at least one musical to sew for.  So, I'll be lucky to  get to two of my goals again.  But it will feel so good to cross them off the list, even at that!

Linking up (with mere minutes to go...) to the Finish Along Post at Throw a Wrench in the Works

3 comments:

  1. I know that love hate relationship when quilting. I guess we all do. Good luck with your goals. Sometimes life just is a little hectic and we have to keep the sewing fun and low pressure to compensate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by! Yes, keeping it fun is the key. It's also my way to manage my stress during those rough spots. Hope you meet your goals, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, just setting the goals already helps, doesn't it?! I hope you will be making some progress on your projects. Thank you for participating in the FAL, on behalf of all our hosts!!

    ReplyDelete